Have you noticed how there has been a very gradual shift from cashiers handling transactions to you handling transactions? As far as I can tell, cashiers' sole purpose now is to point out what you might be doing wrong on the little credit/debit card pad. Or to stand there while you check yourself out at a self-service register.
Shit, I was at Tijuana Flats the other day and I almost fell down from shock when the cashier took my credit card, handled business, and told me to have a great evening.
GREAT CALL, CORPORATE BOARD ROOMS.
But wait, there's more blame to go around! How about the slide bar - chip war going on? As consideration for having to send you a new card less often, card companies have subjected us to the "slide your card...ok, now insert your card...no wait, try sliding it again...hang on <picks up phone to call store manager>"
Goddamnit.
No comments:
Post a Comment